Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Works in Progress - Fabric Goodness


I am so excited to get the new Heather Ross book - Weekend Sewing! I recently saw her on Martha Stewart where she made a little girl's smock dress. I knew I had to make one for my 14 month old daughter. It didn't take me long to order some Mendocino fabric!! That's on my to do list.
Another thing I want to make is the Amy Butler Swing Bag - I have her book Little Stitches for Little Ones and recently came across this picture and thought this would be a great bag to tote along to my daughter's day care because I'm always hauling around extra diapers, bottles, food, etc. You get the picture! Jessica did such a great job on it! Her fabric choices were perfect! Now all I have to do is figure out which bag to make...the Swing Bag or Everything Bag. I already have the fabric.
I've already been blogging about my String Quilt - I needed more fabric so I jumped online again and ordered some more...Joel Dewberry, Amy Butler, Denyse Schmidt etc. Need I say more?
Last but not least is I want to join Dana (and all of you) with the quilt along at Old Red Barn Co...my fabric is on its way...needless to say I'll have to catch up...
Now, when to do all of this when I work full time and my little one doesn't usually go to bed until after 9pm??!! Sigh...

1 comment:

  1. Take a look at my Everything Bag: http://parkave-sweatshop.blogspot.com/2009/04/amy-butlers-everything-bag.html

    ReplyDelete