Sunday, May 10, 2009

String Quilt - My New WIP


Inspired by Ashley's Kaleidoscope quilt , I got busy over the last few days and started cutting up my scraps. I paper pieced these blocks which has been such a breeze - I actually used grocery flyers as my paper because I ran out of copy paper. It worked fine - mind you I haven't taken the paper off the back yet:) I thought this was a good WIP as I can just make blocks as I go. It definitely is busy with all of the different prints and colours, but I guess that's the point! It will be my first lap quilt for the family! Can't wait! Will keep you posted.
Happy Mother's Day to everyone!!

3 comments:

  1. Love it! You have NICE fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did the flyers work for you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flyers were no problem at all...sturdy enough and handy because we receive a ton of them in the mail!!

    ReplyDelete