Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Quilt Con-5 Things You May Not Know About Me

QuiltCon is only 3 weeks away and I couldn't be more excited!!!! After an extremely challenging year, this is a treat to myself - a Mommy vacation sans children or husband (will miss them though and do love them lots!). 5 Things You May Not Know About Me: 1. I've surprised my best friend by buying her a ticket to join me in Austin; my second best friend who I've literally not seen in 5 years (since my wedding....oh my) as she lives in Phoenix is also coming!!! How awesome is that! They're not quilters and don't share my passion for quilting/knitting/fabric design however I swear we've been sisters in another life!! haha Love them, miss them and many margaritas need to be had!!! Yeah baby!!! 2. I'm a piler....aghhh...had to admit it. Now don't get me wrong our house is clean and as tidy as it can be when you have two small children...and well...you know the drill. Art piles from school, fabric piles on UFO in the sewing room, etc. etc. Maybe we need a bigger house and more filing cabinets? :) 3. Love portrait photography. Babies in hats...nothing more cute in my opinion. I've teamed up with some local photographers and have swapped pictures of my daughters in the past for some of my baby knitted hats. Great idea and was a win win for both my photography friends and my family. 4. I'm passionate about patient safety and am a big advocate by profession. Justice seems to be a theme in my life. 5. Love Starbucks Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate...what can I say...who doesn't love salty and sweet combos? Oh...and did I mention Margaritas on the Rocks?

1 comment:

  1. Hi there Jody! I hope to meet you - and your best friend at QuiltCon!

    ReplyDelete