Friday, May 6, 2011

Flying Geese in a Rut:)

I worked on this block for Cheryl yesterday. It is severely late (hope she understands) but it's done!

She asked for either a 12.5, 12x18.5 or 18.5 block so I chose to do the 12x18.5 block. She sent a variety of yellow and white fabric. It's only my second time making flying geese so I chose this method (2nd one in the tutorial which yields 4 geese out of one square of fabric). I don't know what my problem was because it is an easy tutorial but I must admit I had to rip a couple seams out and redo a second time (I've since straightened that last triangle on the bottom left. I think it was just the day I was having:) I still need to complete Shea's block and then I'm caught up with bee blocks.

As you can tell from my lack of blogging, I haven't had many finishes lately. Amidst some worrying about family (but all is well now which I'm so happy to report), we're trying to transition my oldest daughter into her new room so the little one can move into her room. This has meant my stepson will be moving into our basement bedroom which he is thrilled about....talk about changing spaces!!! I've been busy planning and shopping. I can't wait to have it all finished and show you some pics. We're going to start painting hopefully this Sunday and her "big girl" furniture will arrive on Tuesday. She's pretty excited about it.

I just haven't had any sewing "mojo" lately but believe me I have a lot of finishes to complete...not to mention all of the knitting I need to do. I'd like to get my Single Girl Quilt done so I can add it to Miss G's new room. I also want to make a little crochet hook/needle roll because with all of these room changes I needed to move/organize my fabric and yarn stash - so now I'm on an organizing kick!

For Mother's Day, my husband bought me a beautiful, Namaste Monroe bag in Lime, a circular needle case and a needle case (small and large cozy)....Yeh! I can't wait for them to arrive. I thought the Lime would be a nice color boost!! I'll post a pic when they get here!

Can I just say a BIG THANK YOU to all of my readers (all 57 of you) for stopping by my little corner of the world and saying hi!!! I've just reached over 10000 hits and I must say it feels really nice. I came across Flickr and all of the various blogs back in 2008 when I was off on mat leave with my first daughter. It introduced me to a whole new world which has left me incredibly inspired. I only have one local friend who shares my interest in modern sewing and knitting so it's really great to have all of you out there to share ideas, projects, etc. So, thank you! I'd like to have a little Mother's Day weekend giveaway so stay tuned.

Oh yeah, I want to share something cute that Miss G said to me as I was driving her to day care this morning. I was singing Lady Gaga's Pokerface song...and she says, "Mommy, you can just "hum" you know"(she didn't say the word but hummed). I don't think she likes my singing:( I had a good laugh!!!

I'll leave you now with a pic I took last night of Miss P...those beautiful blue eyes...make me melt every time.

2 comments:

  1. You have 108 subscribers in Google Reader so I'm sure that you have more than 57 readers! I don't use the Google Follow thingy because I use Google Reader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better late than never! You know that I wouldn't complain about it at all. That would be pot calling the kettle black.
    The block looks great. Thrilled to add it to the mix.

    ReplyDelete