Monday, April 5, 2010

Cathedral Windows


As part of my PTQB2, Sandy asked us to make up a cathedral window block. I know these blocks are really popular lately so I felt up to the challenge. All I can say is that it really is a challenge! It's easy enough but takes some time with finicky little bits...actually Sandy was smart in having us make up these blocks because if she had to do each one, it would take forever!!! Her fabric choices are really beautiful and I'm sure the quilt will be striking in the end! Sandy, all I can say is I really tried!

8 comments:

  1. You did a good job, Jody. Not sure I'd want to be doing these though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am intimidated to to these. I have hers sitting there but I think I need to do a sample one first so I don't screw up hers. Yours looks great though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job, Jody! Yep, I'm thinking Sandy was super smart in sending these out for the rest of us to do. And of course, I am jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still scared of this - I'm going to tackle mine this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is wonderful! I haven't even looked at a tutorial for this kind of block...too crazy hard for a beginner like me! Did you use an online tutorial?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Smart bee-block: I have a Cathedral Windows quilt that I work on on and off, you're right it's time consuming, although your blocks came out great

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for doing this for me! I love all these blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your work is amazing! thanks for visiting my blog, its so fun to get to know new bloggers!

    ReplyDelete