Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Pillow Talk Swap 9

I totally forgot to post my pillow for the Pillow Talk Swap 9! It was my first time participating in it and let me say, it won't be my last I hope:) It was a lot of fun especially seeing everyone's progress as we went along. I called my pillow "Scrappy Shoo Fly." I actually made a drawing ahead of time (which I never do typically) and got an idea of where I wanted to go with the colours in the pillow. I started off with using linen as my background colour but I found it kind of boring.
Text fabric has definitely been "in" this past year so I ordered some from Mad About Patchwork which is an online fabric store in Canada! I chose Madrona Road by Violet Craft for Michael Miller. Love it! So, here is the finished product. What do you think?
Quilting it was the fun part for sure! I knew already that I wanted to quilt it in concentric circles. I love things all circular when it comes to quilting! I found Blooming Poppies tutorial helpful - love her quilts by the way!!
Pillows are definitely the place to practice different quilting techniques - easy to maneuver compared to a large quilt and you're not likely to get bored of it in a smaller project:) Ahhhh....those rings .... love them!!!
I went with a simple envelope style closure in the back but next time will definitely use a zipper back closure with flap. I came across this tutorial which I'm going to use for sure:) Thanks for stopping by friends!

3 comments:

  1. And it's all mine :) It's currently living on my bed and I must say that it fits perfectly there !
    Your quilting is perfect. I tried quilting like this and I failed !

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's gorgeous! I love the text-print background and the quilting. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your pillow when it popped up in Flickr!

    ReplyDelete