Thursday, September 27, 2012

Baby Present-Modern Blocks

Hi Everyone! Just a quick post today and need your input! I've made up this quick little modern quilt for my friend who just had a baby a few weeks ago.
I absolutely love the work of Ann StewArt so if you're on Flickr definitely check out her work! When I saw hers I fell in love and knew I wanted to make one for my friend. I didn't have a lot of time so I thought it would also be made up fairly quickly:) Thoughts on binding? I'm thinking of finishing it with Kona coal, but I've also thought of a scrappy binding using solids and also one with a print binding (Denyse Schmidt of course) in a blue/green mix. Thanks for your help!

3 comments:

  1. I love this! I'm a fan of Ann StewArt's quilts on flickr and recognized your inspiration. What a great, modern baby quilt! I'd probably stick with solids for the binding, coal would be a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh Holly....thanks for your input. I did decide to go with Kona Coal after all and love the results.....I went with a 2.5 inch binding and now realize I prefer the 2.25 inch....so I'm sticking with this one next time! Have a great day!

      Delete
  2. Was just going to say Coal! :)
    Writing from Sew Sisters Quilt Shop. We're celebrating quilting/crafting bloggers in Canada this month with Blogathon Canada. Would be great if you would link up. More details here:
    http://sewsisters.blogspot.ca/p/blogathon-canada.html
    Thanks!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete