Sunday, January 10, 2010

Works in Progress....Creative juices flowing!




I saw a blanket similar to this on the web and thought I'd whip up one for myself. Allison at CluckCluckSew posted in October about self binding blankets. She in turn had followed similar instructions on someone else's blog. Once I got the mitering down pat, which included me ripping out a few stitches...I made a little blanket for my little G to take with her to day care. I had Michael Miller's disco dots lying around for some time, so I was happy to finally use some. I love all things pink and orange - as you may be able to tell from some of my WIPs.

My next little thing I worked on was squaring up my Drunk Love quilt (Denyse Schmidt). I can't tell you how much I LOVE the colours in this quilt! I also can't tell you how much I hate cutting out pattern pieces:( Not for me....so what I decided to do was just glance at the pieces and work improvisationally. Much faster and much more enjoyable I have to say. I have to say I'm not one who has a whole lot of patience for cutting fabric when I'm quilting. I much prefer to be creative and see what happens. I'd like to make this between a double and a queen size quilt. I'm just going to keep plugging away...a little bit at a time.

I've been wanting to make an orange and aqua quilt for awhile...so when I saw Allison's posting on her recent project, I thought I'd look into my own stash and see what I could come up with. I've been buying too much lately!

I've always loved Ashley's spotted squares quilt so I thought I would combine the colours of Allison's quilt with the squares in Ashley's quilt and see what I'd make....here's a pic of the blocks so far. They're 10 inches. Again, the reason why I like Ashley's design so much is that I can work improvisationally!!

3 comments:

  1. Love all three, I don't know if I could pick one to be my favorite. Nice job on them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Drunk Love pattern actually calls for pattern pieces? Seriously?
    I'm with you on your approach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. they all look wonderful! they're so bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete