Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Fabric Choices - Help!! (Old Red Barn Co. Quilt-along)


Okay, so I am seriously behind with the Old Red Barn Co. Quilt-along but I am determined to catch up and make a beautiful quilt....only thing is - I need help with my fabric choices/colours! Pinks and oranges have been my choice, but unfortunately when I ordered some of the Lizzy House Red Letter Day fabric in Feather, the colours do not match. It's so hard to tell online...so I had to dig into my stash and found the Denyse Schmidt print...however don't have a complete 1/2 yard but really close. I'm unsure of the Sandy Gervais print (2nd last one on top right of the picture) and definitely unsure of the Amy Butler garden maze (bottom middle) as it has greens in it and it might stand out too much? I need your help! I also purchased some of the Erin McMorris print but the pink is a bit off (bottom left)....I honestly get too caught up in my fabric choices....So what do I do? Which one of the bottom three would you use: Heather Ross, Amy Butler or Erin McMorris? Please comment soon so I can get busy sewing!!! Thanks!!

4 comments:

  1. Most of those match what I'm doing - did you order from Fabricworm? I like the Heather Ross - the strip will break up some of the dots. And I don't think it matters if you don't quite have enough of the DS print - you'll probably get at least 6 strips out of it, so that's what matters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually like all three, but I do agree that the striped one will break up some of the dots you have going on in the other ones. But if you want a dotted quilt I would go with the tree ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like all three too, However the middle one is my least favorite! I love the little trees, I so want that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they all look great! The only one that I would be concerned about is the top one in the middle. It looks like it has a lot of white and I'm not sure if you would see much of the other colors. I can't wait to see your quilt.

    ReplyDelete