Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Bloggers' Quilt Festival - Spring 2014

It's that time of year again....Bloggers' Quilt Festival!  I always find it very inspiring to see everyone's submissions:)  The quilt I'm submitting is the one I made for my stepson, Nick.

I've made a quilt for each man in the family including my husband and stepson, Christian....and this time it was Nick's turn.
Nick was very much a part of selecting both the design and colours ... at age 16 I was very impressed that he knew exactly what he wanted......something linear, exact lines, and bright bold colours.  Immediately I thought of the City Shops Quilt from Cherry House's book, City Quilts.



It started out like this:


I'm really happy with how it turned out.  This was my first time quilting organic lines which was so freeing!   It gave the quilt loads of texture!



The back of the quilt is nice and soft as I decided to use flannel.  Sadly, I didn't capture it in a pic.  Nick chose a fun skull print in navy and teal blues which matched the solids really well.  I did use Kona Cotton for all of my solids as it usually is my go to fabric.  I chose Kona Coal for the binding.



Needless to say, while Nick was with us over Christmas this quilt got a lot of love and use:)  I loved making it for him!


I've submitted this quilt for the ROYGBIV category.  Thanks for stopping by!!


6 comments:

  1. Your lovely quilt gets my vote in this category. Fun interpretation of ROYGBIV> Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow!! Thank you very much...that means a lot to me!!!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous work - love all that quilting!

    Did you change the page after you added your link? My first click on it took me to a "sorry this page doesn't exist on this blog" but I clicked on your header to find the post. Don't know if you can update it or not. Hopefully, most people will be able to find it without too much thought or effort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the compliment...I really appreciate it!! I had a heck of time for some reason trying to get the linkz to work...spent over 4 hours on it and finally got the picture to upload on to Amy's site. Honestly not sure why so I'm hesitant to try and fix it anymore. I did know it was doing that though...so thank you for still looking for my post:)

      Delete
  3. I love your quilt. Awesome choice for colors

    ReplyDelete