Monday, November 14, 2011

Trying to get the Mojo Back

Thank you to all of you who have left kind words for me! It really is encouraging to know that perfect strangers/fellow bloggers are kind enough to reach out during this difficult time in my life....again, I'm very appreciative.

I really want to get creative right now (whether it's knitting or sewing) because I've done nothing but deal with my father's affairs and I'm also gearing up to return to work soon. Stress!!! Trying to find the time to work on anything is another thing so I need small projects that I can work on in a spare evening. Knitting is winning out as sewing lately has been out of the question (sorry to my current bee buddies but thankfully they are a very understanding group of women).

I'm celebrating my birthday this week and would love some ideas about a gift. My husband has been asking me all week and I honestly have not been able to come up with anything. I always love good books and so I thought I would ask you about new books you could suggest on sewing/quilting/knitting. I've noticed on quite a few blogs tonight that there are some amazing books coming out in the new year....seem to be in May 2012!!! Can't wait...but until now...would love your ideas....

Have I mentioned how bummed out I was that I missed Quilt Market in Houston. It was going to be the one gift I was going to give to myself before I returned to work this month. There's always next year though:) I've loved looking at all of the posts about it...it looked amazing.

3 comments:

  1. My birthday is this week as well Happy Birthday! I asked for thread and my family looked at me like I was crazy but wouldn't one of those nice Aurifil sets be wonderful?! I also think a spa treat is in order for you a friend of mine is taking me somewhere for my birthday. It's a surprise but I think it's at a foot massage place. I hope you have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! Let's see, there's a new book by Vanessa christensen from V and Co, that new Modern Blocks book, Sew the Perfect Gift by That Patchwork Place, I love Spotlight on Neutrals, but that may be too traditional for your taste. Hope you have a good birthday an get to heal and relax a bit ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jody, I'm still heartbroken for you. Having lost my father earlier this year I have a good idea what you might be going through. Give yourself time. It always takes more than you think - whether that is it simply make dinner or feel motivation. I'm here if you need to chat.

    ReplyDelete