Sunday, October 4, 2009

String Quilt - Sandy's Block for PTQB


Wow, it's been a while since I last posted...I guess just busy with the little one, with work and dreaming up all of the things I want to make! It's always this time of the year that I either get immersed in knitting or sewing. Lately I've been doing some knitting - working on a few stocking caps for a few newborns (which I'll post a picture of later) and of course one for Little G. I love her in hats! Now that she doesn't always yank them off her head, I'm trying to do the whole little tiny ponytail thing with her but no go! She reaches up to the top of her head and manages to pull it out. So I guess we're going with the whole whispy look because her hair is still baby fine but is growing longer:)

During nap time I've managed to make up these four blocks for Sandy. She is making a string quilt using my favorite fabric, Fresh Cut by Heather Bailey. Love it...it's going to be a beaut! Sorry for the poor lighting but it's a dreary, rainy day here so that's the best I could do.

I'm thinking about making Little G a Christmas quilt but I'm still undecided about the design. I'm either thinking a circle quilt (but not sure if I'd use the appliqued method or Dale Fleming's six minute circle) or one inspired from Kaffe Fassett's Jewel quilt....hmmm decisions, decisions....and the of course I loved the stacked books quilt too....any ideas? I think I'm leaning toward the jewel quilt style...maybe I'll just wing it and see what I come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment