Monday, April 20, 2009

Bloggers Quilt Festival




Amy at ParkCityGirl.blogspot.com is hosting a bloggers quilt festival from April 17-24. She has asked us to blog about a favourite quilt we have made and share it with others. I had blogged in January about a quilt I made my Mom for Christmas. I'm not sure I'm in love with the colours I used, but I am in love with the design. I love love love circles in quilts....like Denyse Schmidt's baby quilt...What a Dish. If I could figure out how to do it I would! If anyone out there can give me some tips, I am open to them!!!
The quilt I made my Mom was a pattern from CarolinaPatchworks.com. I am a fan of her designs and purchased her pattern in the fall. Check it out. I've included a picture of the quilt I made...which was really my second official quilt. I was happy with the way it came together - binding, quilting, everything! It was a great test for me. I tend to be a perfectionist so scrappy circles was a good thing for me to try:) AQuiltisNice.blogspot.com also made a quilt from the same pattern and I really like her use of colour.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful pattern and colors! I have to admit I am a little intimidated by circles but I love seeing them in quilts. I should give them a try! Your mom is lucky to receive such a nice gift. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely. I have never made a quilt with circles, and I have been quilting for 24 years! I'm sure your Mom loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fabrics you picked!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the circles, too,,,lucky Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors and I love the circles. You did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! I love the variations in your circles :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colours in the quilt and the way you have done the circles. It is stunning!

    ReplyDelete